Cubasis is a multitouch sequencer app for the iPad
Cubasis is from the creator of the popular Cubase DAW, Steinberg. It is designed to be an intuitive recording, editing and mixing app that takes advantage of the multitouch features of the iPad.
It lets you record tracks in CD audio quality directly on your iPad. After recording, you can then edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors. Finally Cubasis comes with a mixer and audio effects for finalizing and polishing your music.
Aside from recording features, this app comes with dozens of virtual instrument sounds that can be sequenced or played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads.
Being made by Steinberg, Cubasis’ projects are compatible with Cubase under Windows and OS X.
Portable Music Production System
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in CD audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with dozens of virtual instrument sounds which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depends on the device used)
- 70+ virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic
- MixConsole with over 10 effect processors
- More than 300 MIDI and audio loops
- Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
- Sample Editor and Key Editor
- Export projects to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
- Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
- Sequence other CoreMIDI apps (MIDI recording only) and run Cubasis simultaneously via background audio
- Audio import from iTunes music library, AudioPaste, Wi-Fi server and iTunes file sharing
- Audio mixdown and MIDI export
Related Music Production Equipment:
Check out our roundup of USB Audio Interfaces
Changes in v1.6
- Improved audio engine with extended sample rates (44.1/48/96kHz) and bit rates (16/24-bit)
- Real-time playback of arbitrary audio file formats (44.1/48/96kHz and 16/24/32 bit) independently of the project's sample rate and bit depth.
- Up to 24 assignable physical audio outputs
- Assignable metronome output and pan
- MIDI Clock latency compensation slider
- Audio input gain adjustment option for audio interfaces and external microphones
Changes in v1.2
- Stability enhancements