HighLife is a VSTi freeware sampler and sample editor.
Aside from its sampling functionality and sample editing, HighLife also comes with five effects, sound morphing and modulation features. It also boasts of high quality resampling using 512 point SINC.
- Built-in VST host for 32bit sampling of VSTis (freezing).
- Built-in wave editor.
- 32-Bit floating point based wavetables.
- 128 Programs with unlimited zones.
- Up to 32 voices polyphony (Multi layered zone sampling engine).
- Selectable interpolation engines: Hermite, Sinc 64 and Sinc 512. Both sinc modes are not suitable for realtime purposes but bouncing to audio.
- Morphable scheme and automatable zone parameters (incl. cue and loop points).
- Syncable LFO with configurable Phase.
- Stepping-free modulation sends, pitch bend and modulation to morphing wheels.
Sampler Import formats
- Auto mapping when multiple files are opened at once.
- Samples: .wav (8 to 32 Bit), .mp3, .raw.
- Programs: proprietary .fxp/.fxb, .akp (Akai S5000/S6000), rgc:audio's SFZ.
Sampler Export formats (registered version only)
- Samples: .wav.
- Programs: proprietary .fxp/.fxb, rgc:audio's SFZ.
- Unlimited zones.
- ADSR amplitude envelope.
- ADSR envelope filter and pitch assignable (both bipolar).
- -24dB/Oct filter modes: Lowpass/Hipass/Bandpass/Notch and disabled.
- Stepping-free Cutoff and Resonance.
- High quality Chorus, delay and reverb.
- Wow factor effects: Daft and rock da disco.
- Full mono/poly and legato operation.
- Independent envelope amplitude, modulation envelope, LFO and filter settings.
- Automatable zone parameters (including cue and loop points).
- Up to 128 MIDI triggerable cues, with different start/end and loop settings each.
- Automatable per-cue pos/end/loop points, supporting swapping of cue range/loop markers.
- 5 Loop types (one shoot, forward, bidirectional, backward, forward w/sustain).
- Group/Off by triggering settings.
- Amp Env, Mod Env and LFO (syncable), 24dB Filter (5 Types).
- Full MIDI Input triggering control.
- Chorus, delay and reverb sends.
- Glide with auto-switch control.
Sample editor overview
- Zoom up to 1:1 resolution.
- Clipboard: Cut, copy, paste and sample trim.
- Amplitude: Fade in/out, normalization and DC removal.
- Effects: Reverse, rectifier, sin/tahn drive and spectral mirroring.
- Cues and loops editing.
New in v1.4
- Now supports Mac OSX - still in beta phase
- 64 bit supported
- Bug fixes and improvements