gst123 is designed to be a more flexible command line player in the spirit of ogg123 and mpg123, based on gstreamer. It plays all file formats gstreamer understands, so if you have a music collection which contains different file formats, like flac, ogg and mp3, you can use gst123 to play all your music files.
Since gst123-0.1.0 support for watching videos has been added; however gst123 should run fine in situations where no X11 display is available; videos can be played without X11 display, too (-x, --novideo); in this case, only the audio stream will be played.
It is implemented in C++ and licensed under the GNU LGPL version 2
New in v0.3.2
- Support building with gstreamer 1.0 or gstreamer 0.10 (Issue 11).
- Added "-a pulse" PulseAudio output support.
- Fix time display updates (broken by introduction of quiet mode).
- Properly quit player if none of the files in the playlist can be played.
- Cleanup code to avoid compiler warnings.
New in v0.3.1
- Added quiet mode.
- Ignore image files during playback (Issue 1).
- Added keybinding 'n' for 'play next file'.
New in v0.3.0
- Support visualization plugins during audio playback (Issue 3).
- Fix compilation for GNU/Hurd (Issue 7).
New in v0.2.2
- Disable screensaver during video playback
- Compile with gcc-4.7
- Fixed a problem with fullscreen/unfullscreen
New in v0.2.1
- Fixed minor memory leak.
- Fix warnings due to wrong glib option parsing. [Nicholas Miell]
- Use wikihtml2man for documentation (replaces old doxer based manpage).