Mesh is a virtual analog mono synthesizer based on the Minimoog.
This synth also comes with 5 tempo based LFOs which gives this synth more rhythmic potential. Compare to the other Homegrown Synths, Mesh is the most intuitive, with just 3 oscillators and a sub oscillator for sound shaping. It also has a single oversampled Low Pass Moog style filter, and 3 Envelopes.
The LFOs can modulate or change any of your parameters, giving it good versatility. It also comes with essential effects that include a Modulator, a Delay and SoundScaper and Finally an Arpeggiator which all adds up to a simple lightweight sonic playground.
The Oscillators give the usual sounds based on Sine, Saw, Ramp, Triangle and Square. Although Mesh is designed to be a non-velocity simple synth, you can enable the velocity. There are also a set of modulation parameters for assigning Velocity, Aftertouch, Mod Wheel and Pitch to a wide selection of destinations.
Changes in v1.2
- Bank of 128 presets with a more traditional Analog Lead/Bass sound set.
- Mesh Lead, a duplicate copy of Mesh with the new Lead sound set preloaded. Mesh Lead is identical, it just an easy way to select the alternative sound set
- from within the host, and presets are compatible across both versions.
- Added OSC3->Filter – Enabling this disables sending to OSC1.
- Added Bass Cut Button.
- Noise Envelope is now Envelope 3 and has 3 possible destinations: Noise, Pitch, Resonance and OSC3->Pitch/Filter.
- Default patch has been tweaked.
- Various bugfixes