n-Track Studio is an Audio & MIDI Digital Multitrack Recorder that transforms your PC into a powerful audio recording studio. You can record, playback, overdub just like with a tape multitrack recorder, but you can exploit the flexibility and power of today's PCs for applying effects, realtime input processing, automated aux channels sends and returns, destructive and non-destructive wave editing. The program supports 24bit-192 khz recording, multiple channels soundcards, live input processing, mp3 encoding and much more.
Related Recording Equipment:
See Our Roundup of USB Audio Interfaces
New in 7.1.0
- Redesigned Piano Roll window
- Edit multiple MIDI tracks in a single Piano Roll.
- Import and export AAF, import OMF files.
- Drums step sequencer now has up to 24 tracks.
- New n-Track Sampler soundfont player with built-in General MIDI sound bank.
- Sync with Video window now available in Mac version.
- Various improvements and bug fixes.
New in 7.0.2
- 3D frequency spectrum view: watch the frequency spectrum in the 3D space, rotate it and see frequency waves coming towards you as you play. Requires Mac OSX or Windows Vista or later with Direct11
- Sonogram view: watch how the frequency spectrum changes over time
- Decreased CPU usage when using multichannel instrument plugins
- Improved instrument Tuner, new button to open it on the lower toolbar
- New nEfx Phaser effect
- Support for the Leap Controller: start/stop playback and recording and to navigate the 3D spectrum view
New in 7.0
- n-Track Bridge - allow using legacy 32-bit plug-ins inside the 64-bit version and better sandboxing
- n-Track Drums 2.0
- Improved and Seamless looping
New in 6.1.2
- (Build 2834) Bugfixes for MIDI export and tempo related issues
- Drag and drop in effects list box allows to drag effects between channels (copy or move depending on wether Alt is pressed) [New Feature]
- Improvements in how windows are docked/undocked [Improvement]
- New initial window layout with transport toolbar at the bottom of screen [Improvement]
- Support for ReWire in 64 bit Windows version [New Feature]
- Improvements in VST plugins generic (parameter/value) editor [Improvement]
- Increased compatibility with multichannel soundcards with high number of input channels (>16) [Bug Fix]
- Shift+Spacebar to reverse playback, Shift Left/Right cursor to change playback speed [New Feature]
- Portuguese translation [New Feature]
- Fixed inconsistent drawing of waveforms during recording at high zoom levels [Bug Fix]
- Support for hi-dpi/large fonts settings with Windows Vista and 7 [New Feature]
- Timestamp in npk file, fixes problem where .wav file date is set in the future because of problems with the system clock or time zone issues [New Feature]
- No longer asks to delete .wav files from disk when deleting a track and the track was imported and not been recorded or created in that session [Bug Fix]devices.
- Fixed rare crash related to specific disposition of windows [Bug Fix]
- Fixed navigator requiring a mouse click before the mouse wheel would work for zooming in/out [Improvement]
New in 6.1.1
- New Feature: More flexible import/export of MIDI tracks (support for MIDI type 0 files).
- New Feature: Pianoroll graphical and usability improvements.
- New Feature: Metronome, Big Time, EQ presets implemented on Mac.
- Improvement: The Guitar Tuner (EQ window -> right click and select Tuner from popup menu) is now more accurate.
- Improvement: Fixed extra empty tracks created when dragging parts.
- Bug Fix: Fixed changing song sampling frequency sporadically not working (resulting in playback at incorrect speed) with ASIO drivers of EMU and Line6 USB devices.
New in 6.1.0
- n-Track Strings plugin [New Feature]
- Source code in sync between Windows and Mac versions
- Redesigned Preferences box [New Feature]
- Decreased resource usage related to level meter windows [New Feature]
- Redesigned icons for .sng, .sgw and .npk files
- Fixed incorrect level meter and live input processing with Asio drivers on a 24 bit soundcard and setting the recorded file format to 16 or 32 bits [Bug Fix]
- Fixed MIDI parts always used tempo corresponding to the start of the song instead of the tempo corresponding to their position in the song [Bug Fix]
- Fixed track Surround settings box not appearing when right clicking on surround panner in track mixer stripe [Bug Fix]
- Fixed timeline grid color depended on wether last part that was drawn was selected or not [Bug Fix]
- Fixed select track active take doesn't update waveform display [Bug Fix]
- Fixed changing the name of a Group channel didn't update the output label for tracks output to the group [Bug Fix]
- Fixed problem with Stereo/Mono and 16-24-32 bit radio buttons in Recording Settings box [Bug Fix]
- Fixed level meters sometimes flashing intermittently [Bug Fix]
- Context menu for vertical sliders to enable/disable double clicking to center slider [Bug Fix]
- Fixed Settings/Zoom commands having no effect [Bug Fix]
New in 6.0.9
- New nVocal plugin.
- Support (with ready made preset) for Behringer BCF2000 hardware control surface.
- Support for Waves v7 VST and VST3 plugins.
- Support for MMC transport commands in Settings/MIDI Control box.
- Improved disk write buffering during recording, enabled by default in Settings/Buffering box.
- Fixed part not updating when holding Shift and selecting.
- Many bug fixes.