Blue Cat's Protector is a stereo brickwall limiter plug-in in DirectX and VST formats for Windows. This new plug-in offers very few controls and yet provides a large palette of sounds: from very transparent limiting to hard digital clipping or soft analogue saturation, it can be used as a master limiter, loudness maximizer or distortion unit.
- 0 dB stereo brickwall peak limiter and waveshaper.
- Continuous control of the dynamics response from transparent limiting to colorful distortion.
- Stereo link control.
- Large audio levels and gain reduction meters for optimal monitoring.
- Side chaining capability: a unique way to perform side chain compression and much more.
- Plugin window transparency management.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Import/Export presets and share them between the directX and VST versions.
- Zero latency.
New in v2.0
- New customizable interface
- New I/O RMS meters
- Gain reduction history display
- Zoom into meters for precision
- Average loudness boost meter
- Integrated presets manager with more presets
- DC filter added
- Customizable Automation range and response curve
- Accessible Automation and MIDI settings
- Better algorithms for limiter precision
- Easier side chaining
- Shortened display name and is now in Dynamics category in ProTools
- Improved CPU performance and loading time
- Fixed MIDI output for 64-bit VST version.
- Changed the default VST install path on Windows
- AAX plug-in for Windows
New in v1.2
- RTAS plugin format support for Pro Tools (Mac and Windows).
- 64-bit applications support for Windows DX and VST under Windows x64.
- Space bar does not trigger plug-in buttons anymore (avoids conflict with transport control in most applications).
- Demo version now displays a nag screen only once per session, and only when opening the user interface of the plug-in.
- Fixed MIDI learn issues.