QjackCtl is a simple Qt application to control the JACK sound server daemon, specific for the Linux Audio Desktop infrastructure.
Written in C++ around the Qt4 toolkit for X11, most exclusively using Qt Designer.
Provides a simple GUI dialog for setting several JACK daemon parameters, which are properly saved between sessions, and a way control of the status of the audio server daemon. With time, this primordial interface has become richer by including a enhanced patchbay and connection control features.
QjackCtl is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
Project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/qjackctl
New in v0.3.10
- Session infra-client management finally being added.
- Preparations for Qt5 migration.
- Transport tempo (BPM) precision display fixed to 4 digits.
- Color-candy escape sequences are now silently stripped from jackdbus messages captured log
- List ALSA device card id. string instead of device number, while on setup dialog.
- Japanese (ja) translation added (by Takashi Sakamoto).
New in v0.3.9
- Killing D-BUS controlled JACK server is now made optional
- Added include to shut up gcc 4.7 build failures.
- Make(ing) -jN parallel builds now available for the masses.
- Bugfix for a mis-quoting bug at the command line argument string
- JACK version string display at the About dialog box, must now be explicitly enabled on configure time (--enable-jack-version)
- A new so called "Server Suffix" parameter option
- Fixed D-Bus Input/Output device parameter settings
- Fixed Makefile.in handling of installation directories to the configure script
- Main window is now brought to front and (re)activated when clicking on the system tray icon instead of just hiding it.
- Add current xrun count to the system tray icon tooltip, if not zero
New in v0.3.8
- Debugging stacktrace now applies to all working threads.
- Session "Save" button now a drop-down menu, replacing the session save type combo-box/drop-down list selection. Also, an early session directory versioning/numbering scheme is now in place, although optional.
- Probable fix to debian bug report #624198 - segfault when pressing the stop button (by Grant Adrian Diffey, after a patch from Adrian Knoth, thanks).
- Desktop environment session shutdown (eg. logout) is now tapped for graceful application exit, even though the main window is active (visible) and minimizing to system tray is enabled. Both were causing first shutdown/logout attempt to abort. Not anymore, hopefully ;).
- Make sure all activated patchbay definition files are in their complete and absolute directory path forms.
- Connections refresh button now does an immediate and true reconstruction of all clients and their respective ports and connections, unconditionally.
- Command line server start option (-s, --start) is now made independent from configuration setup option (cf. Setup/Misc /Start JACK audio server on application startup).
- Now handling cable socket types properly to let patchbay definitions work correctly, whenever having sockets with the very same literal name (twisted from patch #3183467, by Karsten, thanks;).
- Abrupt focus behavior when any of the keyboard modifiers (Shift, Ctrl, Alt, Caps Lock) is hit while on Connections client/port aliases editing (rename) has been fixed.
- Russian (ru) translation updated (by Alexandre Prokoudine).
- Added include "errno.h" alegedly missing for BSD style systems (applying patch for bug #3126091).