sir Sampleton is a sampling keyboard, which means it can record sounds through the microphone that you can then play on a keyboard. You can sample and then make music with your voice, noisy objects you find around the house, or almost anything that makes a sound.
It's is inspired by the sampling Casio and Yamaha toy keyboards of the 80's. These classic keyboards were great toys, but are now expensive because they are sought after by professional musicians for their warm, low-fi sound and simple operation. Now, it's possible to have similar sound and functionality in an app, plus the features that you wish the old keyboards had, like the ability to save samples.
- Sample through the microphone and then play your samples on the dual keyboards
- Save and recall your samples
- Add rhythm with the built-in beats and random beat generator
- Tweak advanced sound settings such as vibrato, note trail length, and sample time
- Put one sample on each keyboard in dual-sample mode
- Tracks up to five fingers at once
- Ten voices
New in v1.5
- New sound controls for pitch, looping, sample volume, and start time
- "Sample Group" feature now allows you to save 96 samples instead of just 12
- CoreMIDI support!
- 4th generation devices now have more voices (up to 20)
- New shortcut to "Settings" menu by double-tapping the sound menu button
- Can now turn off menu click sounds
New in v1.03
- Support for the Line6 MIDI Mobilizer accessory plus some user interface adjustments and bugfixes
New in v1.02
- Added full support for the AKAI Synthstation 25 MIDI keyboard plus a few user interface improvements