.RAM-->MP3 WORKS!...read here for details
I think this is gonna answer alot of peoples' questions here. It took me a lot of searching to find this out, so I hope you appreciate it! I found a method of going from .ram to mp3 format. Here is what you need to do:
1. Download WinAmp.
2. Download WinAmp OUTPUT plugin (linked here)http://ftp.winamp.com/components/P/out_mp3.exe
3. Download NetShow Tools (4 MB download) (linked here)
4. Install all above programs.
5. Run WinAmp and press Ctrl-P to bring up preferences menu.
6. At left you should see an output window. Click on that and then on the right window double-click Nullsoft MP3 Output Plugin.
7. Select a directory where you want the converted mp3's to go. Close the preference window.
8. Now go to Internet Explorer. Right click on the .ram file, and select 'copy shortcut'.
9. Go back to WinAmp, and in the lower left hand corner, there should be a button where you can 'add url'.
10. Paste the copied shortcut of the .ram file in the box and press return.
11. Press play and the tranfer should begin! To set the preferences back so you can play stuff again, go back to the preferences menu and select the output as Nullsoft waveout plugin. Close window and you're set!
I hope this info helps! Let me know if I left anything out or if there are any problems. One Love.