Forum Home :: Shareware Music Machine Home     
Music Software Discussion Home

:: Register :: Log in :: Archive :: Old Forum :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages

Novice Needs Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hitsquad Music Software Discussion Forum Index -> Music Software Discussion and Help
Parial

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Novice Needs Help! Reply with quote

I have a Yamaha CVP-201 Clavinova and a fairly up to date PC running on Windows XP & which has two WiFi ports.

I am a complete novice with music recording onto PC, but would like to get started with some software that is easy to understand & easy to operate.

I want it to be able to write sheet music as I play it, to record onto PC & to be able to edit what I've recorded. If it will allow multi layer recording as well that would be great.

1) Which software would you recommend?
2) What leads do I need?
Jason
Smooth Moderator
Smooth Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't really all that difficult.

For software you need a Notation Program The top of the range includes Finale and Encore, although MasterWriter is gaining a lot of cred and has a 30 day free trial period.

To connect your digital piano to your computer you have two options:

1. If you have a SoundBlaster or compatible sound card you can get a simple MIDI adapter cable which plugs into your joystick port - these cost about $20 to $25

2. Alternatively you can get a USB MIDI Interface and cable - will cost less than $100 all up

You can get MIDI adapters, interfaces, and cables online from Same Day Music... or just go to your local music store.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hitsquad Music Software Discussion Forum Index -> Music Software Discussion and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Can't post? Make sure you Register or log in.

Forum Home :: Archive :: Old Forum :: Shareware Music Machine Home :: Latest Software :: Win Software :: Mac Software :: Linux Software :: Guitar Site