FL Studio 10 - To be launched at Musikmesse 2011
Yes, it's been a long wait for version 10 of Image Line's flagship product, and I'm afraid the wait will be just a little longer - until Musikmesse begins on April 6th.
One of the cool things (and there are many) is that Image Line have announced that their policy of Life Time Free Upgrades is now being extended to people who purchased a box version from a traditional music store. In the past, these free upgrades were only available to you if you bought a download version.
Version 10 has 30 software instruments & over 40 effects covering just about any musical style. You can now Multi-track record up to 99 simultaneous tracks of audio. The Playlist workspace can contain an unlimited number of audio tracks and allows you to arrange discrete audio events in any order or position the creative process dictates.
Here's some of the latest information Image Line sent us about FL Studio 10:
What can FL Studio do?
- Audio editing and manipulation including pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection & slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc).
- Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, spline-based automation curves, automation generators with formula based control of links.
- Be hosted in other DAWs as a VST or connected through ReWire.
- Live music performance including video effect visualization.
- Mix and remix audio including apply realtime audio effects including delay, reverb & filtering.
- Multi-track audio recording.
- Record & play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
- Sequencing and arranging.
- Synthesizer & effect plugin hosting (VST 32 & 64 bit, DX and FL Native format)
- 64 bit plugin support - The Wrapper now automatically detects 64 bit plugins and opens them in 64 Bit 'Bridged' mode.
- Horizontal / vertical zoom & scrolling - Improved Playlist, Piano roll & Event Editor.
- Improved memory management - Two changes have been made to lower demands on FL Studio's memory allocation.
- 32 & 64 Bit VST plugins can be opened in 'Bridged' mode. The maximum memory available to the plugin will be at least 2 Gb for 32 Bit Windows and up to 192 Gb depending on your version of 64 Bit Windows.
- Audio Clips & Sampler Channels Keep on disk option now opens the sample in a separate memory allocation. Each Audio Clip / Sampler Channel can now load a sample of at least 2 Gb for 32 Bit & 64 Bit Windows versions.
- Project Picker – Allows preview and selection of Clips in the Playlist & Patterns for improved workflow. Inter-Clip relationships are also displayed.
- Improved audio options - ASIO: 'Mix in bufferswitch' and 'Triple buffer' may improve performance with some ASIO drivers. ASIO/Primary Sound: Revised 'Playback tracking' options to help with alignment of visual & recorded events where soundcard problems exist.
- Autosave / Autobackup - FL Studio can now be set to back up the current project at 5 to 15 minute intervals. Never lose project data again!
- Fruity Edition – Now gains access to Playlist Pattern Clips for unlimited scoring and automation flexibility.
- Save as sheet music - The Piano roll Menu option File > Export as score sheet saves the current Piano roll as a .pdf in standard musical notation.
- Magic lasso - Circle mouse around Notes or Clips without clicking to make a selection. Time segment options - Beats has been added to Playlist: View > Time segments options. Time segments shade the background.
- Edit Ghost notes - Double Right-click on Ghost note or X1 button.
- Cycle Piano rolls - Shift + H or J cycles through data in Piano rolls.
- Vertical zoom - Vertical zoom now possible & notes include properties view.
- Note stretch handle - On note selection to rescale length
- Piano roll wave-display - Displays waveform behind notes to align notes to audio events.
- Piano roll & Playlist sync - Editing in the Piano roll while in Song mode will now move the Playlist transport in sync with the Piano roll.
- Ctrl+B - Duplicates selection, zoom-range, all (no selection).
- New note view - Rounded notes view.
- Resize Playlist tracks - Ctrl + Middle-click on Playlist tracks to resize them.
- Preview/playback tool in Playlist - Press Alt + Right-click to preview Audio and Pattern Clips.
- Time segment options - Beats has been added to Piano roll 'View > Time segments' options. Time segments shade the background.
- Lock Playlist tracks to clips - Right-click on Playlist tracks to lock and mimic Block-tracks.
- Shift + Mouse Wheel - Move Channels, Mixer Tracks, Playlist Tracks & Patterns
- Playlist Preview Tool - Play back clips by clicking on them with the Playback tool.
- Individually sizable Playlist tracks - Any or all Playlist tracks can now be resized by dragging on the divider between the name areas. Individual tracks can also be locked at a desired size.
- Live Playlist marker types - Playlist Time Markers can be set to Loop, Pause or Skip for innovative live performances.
- Ctrl+B - Duplicates selection, zoom-range, all (no selection). Mixer
- Larger mixer view & waveform metering - The Mixer View options include 'Wide tracks' and 'Waveforms'.
- Fully automatic PDC - The default for new projects, automatic Plugin Delay Compensation updates the PDC settings when changes are detected.
- Newtone (demo) - is a pitch-correction and time manipulation editor. Slice, correct, edit vocals, instrumentals and other recordings.
- Pitcher (demo) - is a real-time pitch-correction, manipulation & harmonization plugin that can correct and create 4 voice harmonies under MIDI control from a keyboard or the Piano roll.
- Patcher (free) – save complete instrument & effect plugin chains as a single preset.
- ZGameEditor Vizualizer (free) – visualization effect plugin with movie render capability. The free open source ZgameEditor can be used to create visualization create objects for ZGameEditor Visualizer.
FL Studio 10 will come in four different editions with the following prices (or free if you already own an older version):
- Express Edition (US $ 49, download only)
- Fruity Edition (US $ 99 download / US $ 139 boxed)
- Producer Edition (US $ 199 download / US $ 269 boxed)
- Signature Edition (US $ 299 download /US $ 399 boxed).
For more information go to www.flstudio.com.
Share This Article