This app is no longer available for download - It has been replaced by a Macintosh App called Chord King
Chord King is two small utilities. An interactive Chord Book with 11,563 chords. And a unique Diatonic Study listing 8292 chords by Key. Both are accented with an interactive fret board, color coded tone interval analysis and printing. The original intention of this program was to present a printable data base, so all chords single click to your clip board as bitmaps.
Chord King features include:
- A 22 fret interactive guitar fret board with a note entry pad and a masking function which clears strings and frets individually to give a better view. This also allows you to page through an entire Key or Chord Family with a specific prospective. Such as middle chords or top chords or even by position. You may even view the entire program as a base guitar.
- A chord display which shows the scale, formula and notes from which each chord is built.
- A color coded tone interval display depicts the essential and optional notes for each chord, which you can easily add and remove from the fret board with the interactive note entry pad.
- Each utility is collapsible incrementally. This in turn will reduce the program to the essential display, the chords themselves. You can run one session of the program to display a set of chords then collapse it and run more sessions to display more chords. Eventually filling the screen with all the potential combinations you may finally select from.
- Diatonic Study allows for choosing chords by key. Each key is determined by a formula applied to the musical alphabet. Seven primary notes are the result of this operation. Each note has a series of chords that are built off of it. All chords listed in Diatonic Study are a combination of the seven original notes. These seven notes are arranged in seven columns and their extension chords are listed under them as a series of buttons which produce information.
- Chord Book displays chords by Family