Featured in Hitsquad's Top Apps for Music Production on iPad & The Best Music Production Software
This is Apple's famous GarageBand app designed for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. It is a cut down version of GarageBand '11 and is fully compatible with the OSX version.
GarageBand is a full featured music production suite. It can turn your iOS device into an intelligent multi-instrument platform, you can use it to recorder and sample, you can add a variety of effects, finally you can mix and master your music with ease.
- Turn your iPad/iPhone/iPodTouch into pianos, organs, guitars, drums, basses and other musical instruments using the Multi-Touch gesture screen.
- Setup a guitar rig with Garageband, with 9 available amps and 10 floor pedal effects
- Record using the built in microphone - or an external mic or line input and put in audio effects
- GarageBand on iPad is velocity sensitive for incorporating dynamics in playing instruments
- Has a built in sampler, and can make audio loops
- Has a large range of Smart Instruments that assists you in making music, making the Garageband app easy to play and improving the created music.
- GarageBand iPad Midi control is allowed via external devices.
- Editing recordings are made easy by allowing trimming and placing of clips to where the user wants
- Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
- Send a project to your Mac and open it in GarageBand to continue refining your song
- Email songs right from your iPad (AAC)
Changes in v1.3
- You can now create custom ringtones and alerts
- You can now import songs from the Music library on your iOS device
- Multitask capable, play or record with GarageBand in the background while using other apps
- Bugfix for a number of minor issues related to overall performance and stability
Changes in v1.2.1
- Bugfix for an issue that could lead to crashing or missing songs when sharing to iCloud
- Bugfix for an error when logging into SoundCloud using a Facebook account
- Bugfix for minor issues related to performance and stability
New in v1.2
- Connect with up to three friends and start a Jam Session to play or record live
- Conduct an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
- Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
- Combine recordings to free up additional tracks using Track Merge
- Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud*
- Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
- Perform retro and modern synth bass lines and grooves with new Smart Bass instruments
- Play synth melodies and arpeggios with new Smart Keyboard instruments
New in v1.1
- Aside from iPad, GarageBand now works with iPhone, and iPod touch
- Custom chords supported by Smart Instruments
- You can now use 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures
- Reset song key without transposing original recordings
- Transpose songs in semitones or full octaves
- New quantization options for recordings including, straight, triplet and swing
- Variable velocity settings for Touch Instruments
- Arpeggiator available in Smart Keyboard
- New audio export quality settings for AAC and AIFF (Uncompressed)
- Other enhancements, including automatic fade out and better audio import options and compatibility
New in v1.0.1
- Supports Bluetooth devices, audio output over AirPlay, and HDMI with the help of the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Allows copying pasting of audio from supported apps into GarageBand.
- Import of WAV, AIFF, CAF sound files and Apple Loops (16 bit, 44.1 kHz).
- Fixed issues where in GarageBand freezes while Smart Instruments are played.
- Improves overall GarageBand stability and addresses other minor issues.