n-Track Studio turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed "on the fly" during playback.
Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or .m4a format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD.
How it works
• Record a base track (i.e. rythm guitar) with the built-in mic
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rythm track
• Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ add effects
• Email the recording directly from your device
The main features include:
- multitrack recording
- multitrack mixing
- export to wav
- export multitrack recording in .sng format
- .sng format is compatible with both the Windows and Mac versions
New in v2.0
- Left channels stripe bar: all of the tracks controls available in the familar places
- Flexible routing with group channels: send multiple tracks to a group channel, then control all of the tracks volumes with a single fader
- Program pan and volume with automation envelopes
- New Phaser effect
New in v1.8
- Support for multichannel external audio devices on the iPad
- Set recording resolution to 16, 24 or 32 bits
- Customize sampling frequency
- Customize buffering/latency. Allows monitoring input with near-unhearable latency
New in v1.6.1
- Fixed program crash when opening effects settings
- Tuner calibration
New in v1.5.1
- Stereo recording options
- Improved compatibility with external audio adapters including USB audio devices on iPad
- Fixed mixer window bug, sometimes it disappears when the user is repeatedly changing device orientation
New in v1.2.2
- When deleting a track it now asks to permanently delete the audio file.
- Registers as handler of audio files so you can open with n-Track files from Dropbox and other programs.
- Open audio file created with n-Track in other programs directly on the device.
- Increased responsiveness when navigating song
New in v1.2
- Save as m4a file
- Send recording by email with one click
- Fixed inconsistent display of waveforms when recording at high zoom levels
- Fixed crash when importing from iTunes library tracks with digital copy protection
- Fixed rare case where saving to .wav resulted in white noise
New in v1.1
- Import tracks from iTunes library
- Fixed recording vumeter didn't restart after saving/mixdown
- Fixed sometimes when switching to EQ tab and back to the tracks view the mixer would not appear again
- Improved info help tab